In a crowded online marketplace, there are many advantages of using regional TLD (top level domain) for your website, such as using a .ASIA domain name over a generic .COM or .NET address, for example.While debate rages about their effectiveness, and Google’s official line is that using specific keywords in a TLD don’t give any advantage or disadvantage in search, it is already well established that Google does prioritise regionalised websites.John Mueller, Google’s webmaster trends analyst, wrote in the article Google’s handling of new top level domains: “By default, most ccTLDs result in Google using these to geotarget the website; it tells us that the website is probably more relevant in the appropriate country.”While regional TLDs like .ASIA or .TOKYO differ slightly from ccTLDs, there are lessons to be learned from the benefits of using ccTLDs.Regional Domain Names Emphasise Local SEOWhen users search for something that can only be found in a specific country or area, the chances are high that websites with a region-specific web address will appear on the first page. This potentially increases traffic and visibility, attracting more customers.Utilising in-language URLsWhen you target a local audience, you benefit from using local terms and phrases in your domain names.It’s also wise to get professional email hosting with your website, and the benefits of branding your email with your website include:- People are nine times more likely to give their business to professionals or companies using professional email addresses- Increased delivery and open rates- Improved security features: better spam and virus filters- No ads or data miningCapture your target marketAccording to ASEANup, Southeast Asia is an upcoming market of interest for e-commerce. Still in its infancy, the ASEAN e-commerce market presents many growth opportunities for businesses ready to face its challenges.Asia is considered the world’s largest internet marketplace, set to continuously conquer the digital world. For a business located in or targeting the region, a dedicated, regional TLD, such as a .ASIA domain name, can be a useful foothold. The .ASIA domain allows companies to distinguish themselves in the region and get the right traffic into their websites, helping take advantage of all the opportunities the Asian market has to offer.Using a region-specific name can help small and emerging businesses to capture and embody a community with a combined population of over 4.4 billion and total annual trade exceeding US $1.4 trillion.When it comes to seizing the Asian market, a .ASIA domain is just the first important step. Businesses should take note of the opportunity – this dedicated regional TLD helps companies stand out in highly competitive online market of today.
Source by Mark Evans
NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens’ emails, texts | PCWorld
To comment on this article and other PCWorld content, visit our Facebook page or our Twitter feed.
Michael Kan covers security for IDG News Service.
The system registry is an important component to practically every computer, and it would actually be considered a pile of electronics if the system registry was not included. It is essential for computers based on Windows, since it is the storage location for the hardware, software, and pretty much everything that makes the computer run.Changes and updates go directly through the system registry for storage, but sometimes things do not always go as smoothly as we wish. Not many know what to do about an error accessing the system registry, but it must be fixed in order to keep your computer running.An error accessing the system registry is not very uncommon, and it usually occurs when old files or updates are still located within the registry. The error can occur when new updates are downloaded, new programs installed, or even when new software is being added to your computer. A window will usually pop up stating “error accessing the system registry” and not much can be done until the error is fixed.It can result from old updates being left in the system, or even old files that were not deleted when a download or installation was incomplete. The best way to get rid of the error accessing the system registry is to find out the problem, get rid of old files, and start fresh with new updates and software to keep your computer running smooth.Because the error accessing the system registry can occur for a number of different reasons, it can sometimes be hard to locate the specific problem. The first step is to determine what exactly triggered the error, such as a new download, new software being installed, or updates occurring to current software on the computer.The error is most common when updates occur or when updated software is installed, since most likely older versions are still being kept within the registry. In this case, the error accessing the system registry can be easily correct. First off, the installation or update needs to be stopped. Then the system registry can be accessed by the computer owner, and software can be purchased or downloaded to fix this problem.One of the best options for getting rid of an error accessing the system registry is a registry fix program, since it goes in and does all of the work for you. Rather than trying to find the damaged files and delete them yourself, the program knows exactly what to look for and get rid of for the error to go away.Not only will a registry fix help to get rid of the problem occurring now, it can even help to get rid of any files and old updates that may cause problems in the future. It is beneficial for clearing your computer of any unnecessary files or programs that may be causing it to run slow, and can even prevent an error accessing the system registry in the future.A registry fix program can either be downloaded online or purchased at an electronics store, and is a great way to fix an error accessing the system registry. It does all of the work for you, and can even improve the overall performance of your computer. It can get rid of old files, partial updates, or even programs that are no longer needed, and is perfect for fixing your error accessing the system registry.
Source by Izrul Fizal
We are now in the Age of Information where identity theft is fast becoming a social problem. A lot of government agencies and entities are now working hand in hand to protect individuals and companies from this modern crime, as well as making each person and corporation responsible in taking necessary precautions to make themselves less attractive to identity thieves. However, the increasing accessibility and convenience of the World Wide Web has attracted more and more identity thieves, thus identity theft cases, committed online and in the real world.Identity theft is best defined as the crime of stealing another individual’s personal and identifying information for the purpose of using the obtained information for fraudulent purposes. Personal and identifying information being referred to includes social security numbers, credit card and bank account numbers, usernames, passwords, and medical records. If any or a combination of this information reaches the hands of identity thieves, they can open new credit accounts a different name, take out loans using the victim’s name, transfer funds to their existing accounts and use available credit. More often than note, identity theft is done by organized crime rings or distressed individuals seeking immediate financial consolation.A handful of reported identity theft cases were initiated online. Identities can be easily extracted from certain websites, thus enabling identity theft con artists to play more in the fields of the World Wide Web. If you do not want to fall victim to this modern crime, then here’s some of the things that you can do:1. Avoid sharing private and sensitive personal information online unless you are sure why the other party is collecting it and where they are going to use it.2. Your username and passwords should always be kept confidential and avoid saving a list of your online username and passwords in a single file and uploading it online.3. Avoid transacting with online retailers that do not provide an email address or those that do not have their own customer service web page.4. Stay away from sites that promise you to earn “$50,000 a month without leaving home.” More often that not, these are scams that will only increase your risk of identity theft. They are too good to true and maybe, that’s all that they are.5. Before typing your credit card number to make purchases, make sure that the website is using a ‘secure’ server.6. Always double check your browser’s encryption settings to ensure that you are always protected when you go online.7. Do not take for granted the security that an anti-virus program can provide. However, it is important to keep your anti-virus updated or else, it will not serve its purpose.8. Be mindful about downloading any “.EXE” program files. These are executable files that can contain malicious software or spyware that can make you prone to identity theft. If you want to download this particular file type, you need to check if its source is legitimate and clean.9. If you can, install filtering software that will protect you and your family from inappropriate web site content that commonly contain spywares. The latter embeds itself in your hard drive and steals your personal information which makes you more vulnerable to identity theft.10. In addition to anti-virus software, have an anti-spyware also installed in your computer. You can’t have too much protection but only the lack of it.
Source by Tina L Douglas
The thieves of the past have evolved over the years. This may be their way of keeping up with the changing world. They may also be evolving to be able to maximize the advantages that the world offers them.In the past, thieves usually stole valuables such as money and jewellery. Nowadays, thieves steal for a lot of different reasons as the definition of valuable has changed considerably. The digital age which is marked by abundant influx of information has made data pertaining to people extremely valuable. You might be tempted to say that your name and birthday is unimportant, but a professional thief may have hundreds of uses of information as insignificant as someone’s name and date of birth.Why do thieves commit identity theft? There is a multitude of reasons, but some of the most important ones are listed below:1. To cover up for another crime.Identity thieves steal the identity of another individual in order to cover up for a crime that they have committed. There have been accounts of people being pinned down in a certain crime because of an identity thief’s usage of their information. It happens mostly in cases of online crime, but there are cases where victims have been accused of a real-world crimes too.2. To make unauthorized purchases.Credit cards and credit card information are most usually stolen in order to make purchases. In the case of a stolen card, it will take time for the real owner to be informed that his or her card is being used for purchase, especially if the retail store is very lenient. Identity thieves can purchase all that they want until they reach the card’s credit limit. After purchase, they usually simply toss your card away.3. To extort money from your loved ones.E-mail hacking is one of the earliest styles of identity theft. The thief will hack into your account, open your e-mail and then send a call for help type e-mail message to people your contact list. This ranges from them asking for monetary help because you are in a hospital, stranded in a foreign country without money or have been kidnapped. A lot of people who actually fall for this.The reasons mentioned above are some of the most common and important reasons why a thief might be interested in stealing your identity. Knowing why thieves commit identity theft, and how they work helps you prepare and protect your identity.
Source by Ali Asjad
German court upholds WhatsApp-Facebook data transfer ban | PCWorld
To comment on this article and other PCWorld content, visit our Facebook page or our Twitter feed.
Peter Sayer covers European public policy, artificial intelligence, the blockchain, and other technology breaking news for the IDG News Service.
Everyone wants to make a success of their internet business. But there are millions of web site businesses and very few of them make a healthy profit. Let’s look at the structure of a successful internet business and see how we can use it to make our own business successful.Products: Every good business needs a group of products. You can find these from three areas:* Make your own
* Buy in products and resell them
* Sell other people’s products as an affiliatePotential: There is a very famous saying in advertising “You don’t sell the steak – you sell the sizzle.” What this means is that you sell what your products can do for your customers. In other words you sell the potential for a better life/career/business/income that your product can provide. Please be careful not to over sell your products. Your sales letter and web copy must be accurate and reflect the actual benefits of your products and services. This does not mean you should be unduly modest, by all means make big claims, but make sure you can prove and demonstrate anything you promise.Promises: What guarantees do you offer? Be they price, return on investment, return of purchase price etc. People are understandably wary of purchasing unknown items from web sites – so provide a secure process with a return guarantee. Similarly when asking people to sign onto your ezine promise them that you will not spam them.Pricing: Pricing is important – too expensive and you will lose purchasers. Too low and people will think that the product is worthless or too good to be true. People are unlikely to purchase a product at above $100 without knowing you and your business quite well. This is generally believed to be the cut off price for an impulse buy.Perception: You must take time to ensure that your potential customers see you as both an expert in your field and trustworthy. You can do this with your web site and sales copy and by ensuring that your name is well known around the internet.Consistency: Ensure that wherever and whenever your potential customer comes across your name, web sites or products that are always consistently the same. Look at how MacDonalds does this worldwide. Build yourself a good brand image by using the same design functions and the same product naming conventions – hence our PowerPacks.Confidence: Make your customer feel safe to purchase from you by using a secure environment, a well known payment processor and autoresponder service. Don’t spam your list and don’t send to many emails. Ensure that you do not come over as needy or aggressive in your interaction with your customer. Never ever ask for financial or personal information that you do not need.Credibility: Build your credibility by offering samples of your work, pointing out past and current achievements and printing honest and checkable testimonials.Communication: In order to show that you are a real living person behind your products and web site it is important to keep up regular communication with your customers and potential customers. You can do this by:* Using an autoresponder service with regular and relevant messages.
* Having your contact details such as email and telephone number on your site and correspondence.Competition: Always keep in touch with your competition, what they are doing and what new products are being sold. Ensure that you keep your prices and products up to date and continue to seek out niches and market demands that you can soon fill.Keep your P’s and C’s in mind and your business should be a success! Good Luck.
Source by Lee Lister
Spyware is the most troublesome software to appear on the
Internet in recent times. When spyware infects a computer
system, it may be relatively harmless or it may be
devastating.Spyware like coolwebsearch and new.net are capable of
paralyzing a computer system. Laws to regulate spyware are
pending in many states and may take years to enforce.What Is Spyware?Spyware is any software that collects information about
computer usage and/or the computer user. It is installed on
one computer and sends information to another computer.
Some spywares like the Weather Bug, Bear Share and Kazaa
are knowingly downloaded and installed by users. Other
spyware is installed without the knowledge or permission of
the user.How Does Spyware Affect A Computer?Symptoms of spyware infection includes:* Very slow system performance while browsing the Internet.
* Your homepage changing mysteriously on its own.
* Excessive appearance of pop-ups, on sites likes Google,
Yahoo and MSN, which don’t use them.
* You can only get your browser to visit sites, which are
trying to dupe you into buying spy ware removal software.Many spyware detection and elimination programs are easily
available for free on the Internet.How Does One Deal With Spyware?There are many tools and catalogues available to deal with
spyware. One of these tools is Spybot Search and Destroy.
It scans computers for spyware and harmful programs. It
shows a list of problem areas to the user and allows him to
delete any or all of them.A user can leave legitimate programs installed by him.
These may include peer-to-peer file sharing software or
software installed to monitor the on-line activities of
children.A Comprehensive SolutionIt may be a good idea for most computer owners to get a
comprehensive PC security solution as a bundle. Norton and
McAfee, now offer a complete security suite consisting of
anti-virus, personal firewall, anti-spam and privacy
offerings, and anti-spy ware.They are quite easy to install and allow parents to monitor
children who use the computer. There are many threats on
the Internet, from which these suites can protect your
Source by Philippa Smith
How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update | PCWorld
To comment on this article and other PCWorld content, visit our Facebook page or our Twitter feed.
Ian is an independent writer based in Israel who has never met a tech subject he didn’t like. He primarily covers Windows, PC and gaming hardware, video and music streaming services, social networks, and browsers. When he’s not covering the news he’s working on how-to tips for PC users, or tuning his eGPU setup.
Introduction BYOD or Bring your Own device refers to the policy of permitting employees to bring personally owned mobile devices (laptops, tablets, and smart phones) to their workplace, and to use those devices to access privileged company information and applications. The phenomenon is commonly referred to as IT consumerization. The term is also used to describe the same practice applied to students using personally owned devices in education settings.The term BYOD was introduced in 2009 by Intel when they noticed the tendency of using own mobile devices among the employees in their corporate work.Importance of BYODDue to the rapid increase of mobile devices it is assumed that within next five years the total number of devices will be around 10 billion that means 1.5 devices per head. As the personal mobile devices are integrated part of our lives, employees want to use their own devices in personal as well as corporate purpose also.In the current economic model, when a company wants their employees to be more productive, BYOD is a useful and attractive option and will increase the productivity on a large scale if it safely used. Survey Reports on BYOD There are lots of surveys have been done by all the big IT companies as BYOD is playing a very important role in the market.· 75% of employees in high-growth markets such as Brazil and Russia and 44% in developed markets already using their own technology at work.
· 95% of employees stating they use at least one personal device for work.
· 44% of job seekers view an organization more positively if it supports their device.
· IBM says that 82% of employees think that smartphones play a critical role in business. Security Problem With BYOD1. Security of data: As the employees carry the important data with them in a flash drive or laptop outside the company. So if the employees are not trustable, it is possible that they will supply the details to other company. Now this is not a technical issue. So it cannot be solved in that way.2. Lost and stolen devices: Millions of cell phones and smartphones are lost or stolen every year. It is thought that approximately 22% of the total number of mobile devices produced will be lost or stolen during their lifetime, and over 50% of these will never be recovered. Most devices are stolen for the value of the hardware on the second-hand market; however, a growing amount of lost and stolen phones have their content accessed by someone other than their owners. This highlights the importance of basic security features such as password protection, encryption and robust procedures to wipe the device once lost.3. Unknown Mobile App download: Almost every app takes some permission from the owner to access some features or hardware to run properly. But it is seen that there are millions of apps from unknown or un-trustable develops who misuse the permissions and information taken from mobile or tablet. It is observed that sometimes a simple torch application takes permission to read contacts or SD card etc. These apps are simply fishy. If the personal mobile phones which are used in offices contains these types of applications, it may cause a huge data loss.4. Malware download: Almost every organization uses legal licensed operating system, software in PC or Laptop. But maximum users depend on the free software or the cracked or pirated version of the software in their personal devices. This kind of pirated softwares are generally developed by hackers to gain the access of our computer. Not only that, these customized softwares are undetectable by antivirus, it also damage and destroy the operating systems. The risk becomes high as they also use pirated antivirus which cannot update its own database.5. Other network connection: The devices of companies are only can be used in the office network which is generally protected by good and original software and hardware firewall and the network is also monitored by some network security experts continuously but in the case of BYOD all the devices are used in public places and home. These networks are not at all secure and hackers can hack the laptops or mobile easily when they connect to these networks.6. Enabling Security features of OS: The most popular OS on the planet are Windows, Linux and MAC. Three of them have lots of inbuilt security features which we have to manually activate. The firewall also can be customized to get maximum protection. In any office, these tasks are performed by experts in every computer. But most of the employees don’t know the activation process and they use the default settings which activates only 25% of the overall security provided by the OS Company.7. Less use of encryption: Employees generally do not use encryption to protect their data. As a result, if devices are lost or somehow hackers manage to gain the access of PC or mobile they can easily read and use the data. But if they use proper encryption, they can protect the secret information of their organization. Secure Your Device There are lots of steps that can be taken to protect all these devices.1. Cyber Security Education: The main and most important step is spreading cyber security education among the employees and awareness about securities. Most of the people are careless about security and they don’t know the basic things about security and what they should do and they should not. That is why they sometimes click on some malicious link sent by unknown people or download from unsecure websites.2. Using Licensed software: Using licensed software is an important step to BYOD security. As most of free software are developed by bad people it is a better practice to use original OS and software.3. Using security software: Employees can use SANDBOX to run fishy software to protect a system from malware. They should also use the original updated version of good antivirus to get the basic security.4. Using VPN: Using virtual private network is a very good step to communicate through a secure channel.5. Customize firewall and Other Security: Employees should contact security experts to enable maximum security and activate all features of firewall.6. Avoiding public Internet connection: It is better to avoid public open wifi and insecure network to access internet for the safety of data of the organization.7. Using Encryption: Employees should use proper encryption before storing their data and sending through the internet so that man-in-middle attack cannot occur.8. Mobile phone safety: It is recommended not to download any unknown app into mobile and use some safety app to detect the fishy and insecure application. Conclusion By leveraging industry leading practices, integrating a thoughtful BYOD policy and adopting strategies that are flexible and scalable, organizations will be better equipped to deal with incoming (sometimes unforeseen) challenges to their security infrastructure posed by the use of employees’ own devices. The introduction of appropriate procedures and regular testing will help organizations become smarter and make their employees more aware of the challenges that the use of personal devices pose for the entire enterprise.The last thing is that an organization’s first and last defense against security breach is its own employees. Training employees on good security practices offer the most bang for the buck. It is the best and beautiful way to increase productivity using BYOD.
Source by Arnab Kumar Saha